Detoxing is hot right now, but it goes beyond doing a juice cleanse to lose a few pounds and get glowing skin. You can renew your body, mind, and home any time of year – you don’t have to wait for the seasons to change or a beach vacation where swimsuits are required.
Here are nine high-leverage ways to refresh your body, mind, and home so you can feel light, clear, and motivated to move forward in your life.
First, let’s talk body. Follow these three steps to detox your body without dieting:
1. Eliminate processed foods. They hinder your circulatory and excretory systems, leaving you bloated, tired, and heavy.
2. Sip warm water with lemon throughout the day. This is a natural and highly effective way to gently trigger your body to release excess fluids that lead to bloating and toxicity.
3. Experiment with an elimination diet to easily test for allergies. Start by eliminating dairy, gluten, soy, and eggs for two weeks. Then add in each allergen, one at a time every three days, and notice if you have any reactions or symptoms. Always get approval and guidance from a medical doctor.
Next, master your mind with these steps:
1. Start each day by writing down 3–5 things you’re grateful for. When you’re grateful for what you already have, everything you want flows more easily.
2. End the day by doing a brain dump of everything on your mind and writing out a to-do list for the next day. This will wipe your mental slate clean for the following day and help you sleep without anxiety.
3. Experiment with meditation. Start by sitting and breathing deeply for 3–5 minutes. If it feels good, meditate for longer and research different techniques to see what you like best.
Now cleanse your environment to support yourself. A clear, calm environment fosters a peaceful mind and a balanced body:
1. Grab a large garbage bag and go through your closet and drawers, throwing in everything that no longer fits and/or makes you feel great. You can sell or donate these things.
2. Replace your cleaning products with nontoxic versions. Choose products that use the natural power of essential oils, soaps, and even household items like apple cider vinegar and lemon to keep your house clean.
3. Burn candles to absorb food scents and naturally keep the air fresh. Open your windows frequently to improve air circulation.
What’s the first step you’ll take to detox your body, mind, and home without dieting? What’s the big reason you want to renew and refresh yourself on a holistic level? Your big “why” will drive you and keep you on track.